DIY Shower Gel in 10 easy steps!

In a previous post I talked about my favourite book called The Glow, which features a huge number of DIY skin care without any toxins that are usually in products you buy in normal drugstores. So far I've already tried out quite a few recipes, one of them a self-made shower gel which I want to talk about in this post!


Ingredients for 200ml

  • herb stock (I'll explain that later) or 120ml Herb Hydrolate
  • 75ml Plantapon or Tenside  (use a little more if you want it extra foamy!) 
  • 1 tsp citron
  • 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
  • (Optionall) 10 drops of essential oil, I used lemon
 How to:
  1.  The Herb Stock: Bring 120ml water to boil and add one handful of herbs (I chose sage and rosemary, but next time I really want to try mint!)
  2. Allow to infuse for 10 minutes
  3. Sieve the herbs and let your stock cool down
  4. Mix stock with 20ml high-proof alcohol ( eg. Wodka)
  5. The Shower Gel: Bring stock to boil once again and mix with citron
  6. mix with xanthan gum, churn it really well (eg.with milk frother) until it feels like a proper gel
  7. Slowly mix in plantapon/tenside, avoid foam to come up
  8. Let mixture cool down
  9. Add essential oils
  10. Fill into bottle!


 Due Date: After 6 weeks

I hope you liked reading! Let me know if you want to recreate this recipe or if you have any questions! Thanks for stopping by,

Julia xxx


Comments

  1. I've always been interested in making my own things like this, but it's something that I never get around to. At the moment I'm happy buying my cruelty free/vegan goods but maybe in the future it will be something to experiment with.

    Every time I see recipes I always think about how simple they are, I should really just give it a try!

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just like you a while ago but then I found out that there are still a lot of toxins in vegan products that harm your body, so I simply started making my own :) Thanks for commenting :) -J.

      Delete
  2. I love making DIY beauty bits like this! Thanks for sharing!
    -Morgs x
    http://justmorgs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! Thanks for commenting! :) -J.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read every single one and try to reply as soon as possible. -J xx

Popular posts from this blog

How I conceal my acne scars...

Nail Polish Favourites - Spring Edition!

Wakey Wakey Eggs and Bakey! My Morning Routine.