DIY Shower Gel in 10 easy steps!

10:00

In a previous post I talked about my favourite book called The Glow, which features a huge number of DIY skin care without any toxins that are usually in products you buy in normal drugstores. So far I've already tried out quite a few recipes, one of them a self-made shower gel which I want to talk about in this post!


Ingredients for 200ml

  • herb stock (I'll explain that later) or 120ml Herb Hydrolate
  • 75ml Plantapon or Tenside  (use a little more if you want it extra foamy!) 
  • 1 tsp citron
  • 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
  • (Optionall) 10 drops of essential oil, I used lemon
 How to:
  1.  The Herb Stock: Bring 120ml water to boil and add one handful of herbs (I chose sage and rosemary, but next time I really want to try mint!)
  2. Allow to infuse for 10 minutes
  3. Sieve the herbs and let your stock cool down
  4. Mix stock with 20ml high-proof alcohol ( eg. Wodka)
  5. The Shower Gel: Bring stock to boil once again and mix with citron
  6. mix with xanthan gum, churn it really well (eg.with milk frother) until it feels like a proper gel
  7. Slowly mix in plantapon/tenside, avoid foam to come up
  8. Let mixture cool down
  9. Add essential oils
  10. Fill into bottle!


 Due Date: After 6 weeks

I hope you liked reading! Let me know if you want to recreate this recipe or if you have any questions! Thanks for stopping by,

Julia xxx


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I've always been interested in making my own things like this, but it's something that I never get around to. At the moment I'm happy buying my cruelty free/vegan goods but maybe in the future it will be something to experiment with.

    Every time I see recipes I always think about how simple they are, I should really just give it a try!

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just like you a while ago but then I found out that there are still a lot of toxins in vegan products that harm your body, so I simply started making my own :) Thanks for commenting :) -J.

      Delete
  2. I love making DIY beauty bits like this! Thanks for sharing!
    -Morgs x
    http://justmorgs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! Thanks for commenting! :) -J.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I read every single one and try to reply as soon as possible. -J xx